I love cheeseburgers! It’s one of my all time favorite foods and I am always in search of the best burger joints.
Lately “gourmet burgers seem to be all the rage. Lots of new burger joints are popping up around the country each one with their own specialty burger like Cajun Burgers, Hawaiian Burgers, Avocado Burgers, and so on. And of course these gourmet burgers come in all different sizes from 6 to 8 ounces and more. Then there’s the “make your own” burger where you’re invited to order your burger with everything from an assortment of cheeses and sauces to toppings of bacon, pineapple, avocados, and more.
That’s all good and well, but what happened to the simple good old fashioned Cheeseburger? That perfectly grilled beef patty, reasonably sized of course, topped with good old American cheese, on a toasted hamburger bun possible topped with lettuce and tomato. Sometimes I crave just that, a simple cheeseburger. Honestly most of the time I end up making my own patties and grilling them in the backyard.
But sometimes I don’t want to fire up the grill and at times I can’t eat a full size burger. That’s why I decided to make these sliders. These Cheeseburger Sliders are so easy to make, the kids can do it with some supervision of course.
They’re great for dinner, as an appetizer, or as a snack. You can even freeze them or store leftovers in the fridge, just pop them in the microwave and they’re good to go. They would make a great addition to a tasting party too, they’re sized just right!
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Package King’s Hawaiian Sweet Bread Rolls
- 6 Slices American Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Tsp. Sesame Seeds
- Carefully remove the rolls from the package without separating them.
- Cut the sheet of rolls horizontally in half.
- Place the bottom half in a baking sheet.
- Cook the ground beef with the spices in a skillet until crumbly.
- Spread ground beef evenly on top of the rolls.
- Place the cheese slices over the ground beef.
- Place the top of the rolls over the cheese.
- Mix the sesame seeds with the melted butter and brush on top of the rolls.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice along the roll seams. Serve hot with ketchup for dipping.
If you want to freeze them or refrigerate leftovers place them in freezer safe containers. Microwave frozen sliders for 4-5 minutes. Microwave refrigerated sliders for 2 minutes.